Dr Angelina Mirabito guides people to:
- overcome structural difficulties;
- overcome writer’s block;
- gain perspective
- establish strong sense of clarity, purpose and intention
- stay focused and contained within what’s relevant to story progression and essence;
- articulate abstract ideas and emotional complexity through story;
- build confidence;
- effective use of dialogue;
- identify the next step and how to completed it;
- improve overall writing skills;
- understand how to employ relevant storytelling techniques;
- iron out tense issues;
- manage story world and logic;
- understand character development and arc for protagonist and supporting cast;
- effectively handle point of view, pace, tone, image system, sequence of events, and setting.
For those interested in the therapeutic benefits of story writing, Dr Angelina Mirabito can assist with:
- holding a safe and creative space to work through the core wound informing depression, anxiety, loss, addiction, eating disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or a lack of meaning and motivation in daily life.
- engaging with difficult emotions, events and experiences through story. I guide you in approaching what is holding you back in life and causing distress as an opportunity to gain insight. Through story work its possible to empower and equip people suffering with what they need to grow beyond the problem by processing the hurt, fear or confusion.
- experiencing being in control and having the final say on all choices by occupying the role of author and creating a story according to their truth and in their words.
- increasing visibility of self to yourself and if you wish, others through telling a story that communicates what has personal meaning and significance.
- developing effective communication skills to express challenging emotional experience and the capacity to view a single situation from multiple points of view.
- greater self-understanding; lasting effects of influential experiences and how to turn every negative into a positive that serves you in fulfilling your desires, reclaiming your life and reaching your goals.
- the ability to speak confidently, clearly and coherently in their own words and with their own voice without shame, fear or guilt.
- gaining insight to the story informing the unhappiness and lack of fulfillment.
- identifying and distinguish what is really wanting in your life.
- constructively managing challenging emotions and personalities.
- making peace with past hurts and move forward.
- enhancing creative problem solving skills.
- telling the story only you can tell in your own words and according to your truth.
For those wishing to use story for their business, website and promotion, guidance is offered in the following areas:
- website and blog content that clearly, originally and engagingly illustrates the experience your business offers clients.
- the journey behind the founder and team members driven to provide the particular service or product.
For each session a notebook or laptop is required. Feel welcome to bring a drink bottle and any food you wish to consume during the session.
Venue: 9 Power Street
Southbank, VIC, 3006
10min walk from Finders Street Station.
3min walk from nearest Tram Stop.
Casino East Stop – 112
Wilson Parking available on Queensbridge Road.
Skype is also an option
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Standard One-On-One Sessions run for 60 minutes and are typically structured in 3 x 20minute blocks.
First 20min block: Discussion
Discuss where you’re at, what you want to achieve, understand, explore and focus on in relation to the story project in mind.
Second 20min block: Story Making
Writing exercises, creative problem solving and mapping out ideas.
Third 20min block: Structure
Outline short term goals and locate how they fit into overall goal.
The task to be completed between sessions will be broken down and how you might approach it will be clear and manageable.
To book double sessions at 120 minutes each is preferable to many, especially for the 3 sessions following the initial session. This ensures:
- sufficient time to establish a strong plan of action;
- foundation of productivity, and give the beginning of the project’s development strong legs that will sustain the journey to the finish line;
- the relevant strategies, tools and awareness on how to effectively use writing to assist growth, self-management and well-being through the process,
- that any trouble shooting hiccups will be addressed and eliminated so all future sailing can be as smooth and productive as possible.
Standard Story Coaching Session = 60 minutes at $90
Book and pay for 6 session package for a discounted price of $495 (Save $45)
Book and pay for 12 session package for a discount price of $960 (Save $120)
Refer a person who signs up for a 6 session package and you too will receive $45 off your next purchase.
Refer a person who signs up for a 12 session package and you too will receive $90 off your next purchase.
To book a session or make an inquiry please follow the CONTACT link.
The four weekly two-hour writing workshops are dedicated to engaging with the stories informing women’s hidden relationship with their body. Over the workshop series we look at stories informing how we perceive, feel about and treat particular body parts as well as the body as a whole. How this in turn informs the ways we negotiate ourselves in public, private, professional, intimate, familial and social settings is also inquired into.
Follow the WORKSHOPS link for more information on the Body Love For Women workshop series held in March and May 2017.
Angelina is available to run Writing Workshops at your school, business, non-for profit organisation, community center, clinic or workplace event. Upon request they can be tailored to suit the needs of your clients, students or staff (ie: to increase the staff workplace culture, communication and wellbeing). CONTACT me for further information.
Angelina can be booked to give talks, lectures and panel discussions on the therapeutic value of creative writing, Post-Traumatic Growth, addiction, depression, eating disorders and adult survivors of childhood trauma. $500 per hour presentation. Again, CONTACT me for further information.